I am admittedly new to the game of Paddle. How I wish I'd known about Paddle and had been able to play for years! I am absolutely intrigued by any game that allows me to play off the fence - and engage that high level of strategy vs. braun...What a great game!
- the heavier ball and
- the more paddle racket
create a similar yet different impact on your body - particularly, your elbow.
Here’s a few of the ways that compromised muscle mechanics will cause problems for your Paddle game:
- If your shoulders are rolled forward,
- your stroke will be compromised and
- your stroke strength will be more reliant on your triceps and elbow muscles causing tennis elbow problems
- If your pecs and biceps are too tight – or even too strong –
- your shoulders will be elevated and pronated and your back muscles will become weakened causing you to lose stroke strength
- If you tend to walk – or even stand - on the edge of your foot,
- you’ll lose speed and balance on the court particularly as you lunge to the side for the get
- If your foot tends to be turned outward,
- your hips will be compacted, and
- your hams and glutes will be robbed of their best strength and speed
- If you tend to shrug your shoulders,
- you’ll lose range of motion and
- rob the power of your overhead smash
Are You Ready to Optimize Your Paddle? -- Let's Get Started!
Call or Text me , Christine Eckery, at
302-593-9262 with your date and time preferences.
You can also find me at TMBW.Massage@gmail.com
I look forward to working with you and to helping you Optimize Your Paddle Game!
The Mind Body Whisperer
- Dedicated to Helping You Get Optimized for Your Favorite Sport and Pain-Free Living!